Sunday, February 17, 2013

cutting carrots

Why "the carrot"?  Why not "the potato" or "the artichoke"?  I guess it could be either of those, from a certain point of view. 

In very simple terms, it has to do with finding peace, balance, and satisfaction in every task at every moment... living in the moment.  When preparing supper and cutting carrots, one should focus on cutting the carrots and take satisfaction that the carrots are being superbly cut.  Don't think about the Monsanto seed they carrot grew from or the delicious stew that the carrot will go into.  Be present.  Cut the carrot.

This blog is my carrot and the keyboard, my knife.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I realized this morning that one of the things that I love most about photography is when I get into what I call my 'photography mind', which for me is a heightened sense of awareness of my surroundings, it is like a form of meditation. Well, not LIKE a form of meditation, it IS a form of meditation.

    Yes, I agree. I have to remind myself to slow down. There is pleasure in making a meal for your family, and there is pleasure in cutting carrots.

    ReplyDelete