Monday, February 18, 2013

"When struggling in the darkness, why not search for light?"

I really need to find a new job.

I'm really feeling that I'm in the upper-echelon of corporate consumerism doing what it I do right now.  If my daughter had a "Bring your Dad to School" day - I think I'd call in sick.  You see kids... I make money by putting your parents into debt for things that society has told them they need to show their love and/or prove their success.

I bought into this paradigm for a while.  I have a diamond ring, a selection of cufflinks and an even more awesome selection of watches - wool suits, silk ties, pocket squares.  It's stupid.  I was happier as a broke cook - going to sleep at 11:00 PM and waking up at 3:45 AM - I just wasn't as comfortable.  That's just it really.  I've traded pride and my moral compass for a more comfort life and it feels ... gross.



A cup of Star Wars hot cocoa should help for the moment....  That, and knowing this is all impermanent.  Just a few more debts to pay off. Then I will start a long journey toward a career where I can actually contribute something of meaning to the human race... to the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment